অ্যাডভোকেসী অফিসার নিয়োগ
পদের নাম: Advocacy Officer
প্রতিষ্ঠানের নাম: LEDARS (Local Environment Development and Agricultural Research Society)
খালি পদ: নির্দিষ্ট নয়
LEDARS is NGO Affairs Bureau affiliated NGO working in the southwest coastal region of Bangladesh since 1998. The southwest coastal region is one of the climate vulnerable area of the country and people are suffering so much. In this context, LEDARS is implementing a project entitled `Strengthening Livelihood Security of Climate Change Vulnerable People` in Sundarbans region with financial support of German based donor agency. LEDARS is going to hire an Advocacy Officer for smooth operation of advocacy activities under the project. It is the senior level position and will be key person to lead the advocacy activities for supporting the community. Following are the major job requirements of this post. Duration: Long term ongoing project.
- Development of annual and other periodic advocacy plan,
- Facilitate and mobilize community people to raise their voice strongly to service provider and policy maker,
- Prepare the communication and advocacy instruments including presentations, briefing material as needed,
- Prepare need base IEC materials for the purposes of advocacy and disseminate,
- Writs, edits and supervise public statements like memorandum, declaration, press release, etc.
- Rapport building to Government, media and other stakeholders for the advocacy issue,
- Organize or assist to organize advocacy event like press conference, media briefing, meet the press, memorandum submission, round table meeting, etc. to get positive reaction from policy maker and actors.
- Conduct community level event using different advocacy tools, like letter campaign, human chain, wall writing, facebook post, etc.
- Capacity building to staff and community leaders on advocacy issue and tools,
- Facilitate the community and field team under the project to identify the problems of climate vulnerable people,
- Develop uniform messages for communications before starting the advocacy initiatives,
- Organize events, meetings and campaigns to ensure that the advocacy plan is active and moving forwards.
- Ensure that the work is carried out at all times with the utmost of privacy and confidentiality in accordance with the terms and conditions of employment.
- Commit to promoting equality in terms of race, gender, culture, sexual orientation, and disability, so that challenges discrimination and works to address needs of disadvantaged groups.
চাকরির ধরন: ফুল টাইম, চুক্তিভিত্তিক
Minimum Bachelor degree in Journalism, Sociology, Political Science or any discipline with reputed university.
অভিজ্ঞতা: সর্বনিম্ন ২ বছর
চাকরির প্রয়োজনীয় বিষয়সমূহ
- At least 2 years working experience as advocacy officer or in senior level management position relating to advocacy activities in reputed NGO.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills;
- Have good at motor bike driving, candidate with valid driving license will get priority,
- Sound computer skill on MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) illustrator, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience on climate change and its impact in coastal area,
- Committed to work in remote costal area
- Strong knowledge on national, international environment and climate change focused law, policy and declaration
- Able to drive motor bikes having valid driving license,
- Ability to work in a team as a team member,
বেতন: টাকা. ২৫৮৩০ (মাসিক)
কোম্পানীর সুযোগ সুবিধাদি
- Yearly increment,
- festival bonus &
- provident funds.
আবেদনের পূর্বে পড়ুন
Interested persons are requested to apply with a complete resume containing contact telephone number & email, a copy of recent passport size photograph including a cover letter.
রিজিউমি গ্রহণের উপায়
Applications should be sent to: The Human Resource Manager, LEDARS at E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
আবেদনের শেষ তারিখ: নভেম্বর ৭, ২০১৯